In my never ending exploration of the internet I have discovered many things, and many of those discoveries pale in comparison to these fries. I adapted the recipe from Lottie + Doof (not a vegan blog, but still one of my favorites!). You can find the original recipe here, which uses a microwave, but since I have no microwave my instructions involve the oven.
Glorious Garlic Fries
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 T. vegetable oil
- 4-5 russet potatoes (about 8oz each)
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 t. salt (read notes at the bottom about this)
- 3/4 t. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper (or you can add more if you like them spicy)
2. Wash the potatoes and cut to your preferences. In a large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients and mix to combine. Add the potatoes and toss to coat.
3. Spread fries on two cookie sheets (the more crowded they are the less crispy they will be!) Toss remaining liquid. It's good to use some type of non-stick cookie sheets, but not required. Chunks of garlic sticking to the fries is a good thing.
4. Bake for 10-15 minutes, flip fries to brown other side, and then cook another 10-15 minutes until they reach a nice golden brown, or however brown you like them. Keep in mind that not every fry will brown, and some may stay cream colored, variety is good. Enjoy!
These are so good you don't even need ketchup. I love ketchup, but I love these fries more!
|Fries on cookie sheet before baking|
This makes enough fries for two main courses or four sides.