Makes one 9 inch cake.
1 C. Coconut milk
1 T. pure vanilla extract
Juice from one Lemon (about 2 T.)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Generously grease pan with butter. It is wise to line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper to ensure nothing sticks. Coat greased pan with 1/2 C. palm sugar.
2. Spread rhubarb evenly in the bottom of the pan and drizzle with Agave nectar. Set aside.
3. Whisk together flour, baking soda, and sea salt in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl whisk sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients into the dry until well blended. Whisk in lemon juice vinegar and stir quickly (pale swirls will be in the batter, which is the baking soda reacting with the lemon juice).
4. Pour cake batter over rhubarb, and bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 45-50 minutes.
5. Cool cake for about 5 minutes in pan then place a plate on top, hold firmly and flip over to un-mold. Remove the parchment paper carefully (if you used any).
|Fresh out of the oven!|
Notes: If you do not have palm sugar you can substitute brown sugar in equal amounts. Maple syrup can also be used instead of agave nectar.
*Photo Courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net.